- Supreme Court defers till Jan 10 hearing on Umar Khalid's bail plea
- Brothers stabbed to death after fight over alcohol in UP, six held
- UP govt tables second supplementary budget
- Delhi court to hear Lava chief's bail plea in Vivo PMLA case on Dec 4
- More people in Gaza could die of diseases than bombings: WHO chief
- Cabinet okays drone scheme for women self-help groups
- New AI model to predict physical & mental development in preemies
- IMD warns of cyclonic development, anticipates weather turbulence across multiple regions
- Cabinet clears Rs 11.8 lakh cr scheme for free foodgrain to poor
- Mock drill by Waltair division at Simhachalam
Bagalkot tense after 3 stabbed; 18 arrested
Police have arrested 18 persons in connection with the stabbing of three men and the violence that followed in Kerur town of the district.
Bagalkot (Karnataka) :Police have arrested 18 persons in connection with the stabbing of three men and the violence that followed in Kerur town of the district.
Bagalkot SP Jayaprakash, who is stationed in the town to monitor the situation, on Thursday said that the incident took place against the backdrop of old rivalry and eve teasing. He has also requested the people to refrain from sharing provocative posts on social media handles.
A manhunt has been launched for 15 more people for their involvement in the violence. Four cases have been lodged in connection with the incident and police have rounded up accused from both the sides, SP Jayaprakash stated.
While a bike, a cart have been burnt in the violence, six bikes were damaged. Five platoons of Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) have been posted in the town to maintain law and order, he added.
The district administration has clamped prohibitory orders till Friday night in the town and declared holidays for the educational institutions.