- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
Karnataka legislative councils Dy Chairman SL Dharme Gowda found dead on railway track
In a late night development, Karnataka Legislative Council Deputy Speaker SL Dharme Gowda was found dead on a railway track near Kaddur of Chikkamagaluru in Karnataka on Tuesday morning.
BENGALURU:In a late night development, Karnataka Legislative Council Deputy Speaker SL Dharme Gowda was found dead on a railway track near Kaddur of Chikkamagaluru in Karnataka on Tuesday morning.
According to police reports, Dharme Gowda was found dead on the railway track near Gunasagar, Kaddur in Chikmangluru around 2 AM.
Dharmegowda's body has been taken to the Shimoga government hospital for further investigation.
In a statement released by IGP West, says "The matter is under investigation. There was a death note recovered from the site but cannot give out details of what's in it."
The 64-year-old, Dharme Gowda was in the news recently after the main opposition Congress members manhandled him in the Upper House for trying to chair the session illegally.
Gowda was dragged from the chair (the seat of the Chairman) by some Congress members alleging he had joined hands with the ruling BJP to unconstitutionally unseat the Upper House Chairman Pratap Chandra Shetty, who is from the Congress.