- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Mudumalai expert panel to decide on tusker Rivaldo's release into forest
The Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) will constitute an expert committee comprising of NGOs, veterinarians, and officials to decide on when to release Tusker Rivaldo back into the forests.
Chennai: The Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) will constitute an expert committee comprising of NGOs, veterinarians, and officials to decide on when to release Tusker Rivaldo back into the forests.
The tusker had injured its trunk and has been under treatment at an elephant care centre at Vazhaithottam in Nilgiris district.
K.K.Kaushal, MTR field director has directed officials to constitute the committee comprising of senior veterinarians and NGO's working in the field of elephant care and elephant studies to take a decision to release the tusker back into the forests.
The MTR officials decided to take expert opinion after there was confusion regarding its surgery on whether to make the tusker's trunk hole larger.
An MTR official told IANS: "Rivaldo is eating and cooperating well with the mahouts and the veterinarians of the care centre who are taking care of him."
Rivaldo had to be lured with the help of other elephants into the Kraal to treat his injury on the trunk and to treat his vision impairment.