- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Relationships beyond boundaries
The most popular Telugu Matrimony service, across the globe, has revealed interesting findings on how Telugus find their life partners
The most popular Telugu Matrimony service, across the globe, has revealed interesting findings on how Telugus find their life partners. This matchmaking trend is a study comprising of over 6 lakh existing members.
According to Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, of one such matrimony service said, "TeluguMatrimony has earned the trust of millions of Telugus worldwide and has become the most trusted choice when it comes to finding a life partner. Most of the telugus wish their life partners to be compatible and understanding, don't mind marrying someone outside their community."
Analysing the demographic patterns of the registered users and their preferences, the study revealed interesting insights on how Telugus choose to get married.
The top five cities that witnessed maximum number of registrations in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are Hyderabad, Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Guntur.
81 per cent of the registrants live in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, 9 per cent in other Indian cities outside these states and NRI registrations are about 10 per cent. About 60 per cent of profiles are registered by individuals themselves. 31 per cent of the user base comprises women. 53 per cent of women who are seeking a life partner are between the ages of 23 and 27.
In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 76 per cent profiles were registered using the TeluguMatrimony app. 8 per cent women and 10 per cent men were okay with a life partner outside their community. The top profession listed by women who have registered on the website is "Software Professional". Interestingly, a significant percentage of Telugus are open to marrying outside the state, 67 per cent and 64 per cent for women and men respectively. Indicating the progressive nature of Telugu speaking people, only 23 per cent of women and 26 per cent men state that they want to find a match only within Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
In terms of educational qualification, 42 per cent of women had engineering degrees and 14.5 per cent professional degrees.