- PayU appoints 5 new members to its Board of Directors
- MI head coach Charlotte Edwards extends Sydney Sixers deal for next two WBBL seasons
- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- Sachin invites the world to 'come and experience Jammu & Kashmir'
- BJP put up good fight in Assembly polls
- Elaborate arrangements made for Inter exams
- Ensure drinking water supply in city: Mayor
- Cong workers obstruct Bandi’s yatra
Karnataka minister Madhuswamy tests corona positive
Karnataka Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister J.C. Madhuswamy tested coronavirus positive and has been admitted in a private hospital for treatment, an official said on Tuesday.
"Madhuswamy tested Covid positive on Monday and is in a private hospital for treatment though he is asymptomatic," said the official.
Madhuswamy, 65, is the ruling BJP legislator from the Chikkanayakanahalli Assembly, about 70km northwest of Bengaluru in the southern state.
"As Madhuswamy tested positive I pray to god to give him strength to recover soon," tweeted state Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar, who is a doctor by profession.
Madhuswamy is the latest minister in the BJP government to be infected by the virus days after Deputy Chief Ministers Govind Karjol and C.N. Ashwath Narayan tested Covid positive.
Veteran Congress legislator H.K. Patil, 67, also was infected by the virus on Monday and is under home quarantine to recover as he is asymptomatic.
Madhuswamy attended the six-day Monsoon Session of the Legislative Assembly last week and piloted two controversial Bills, including one on amending the APMC Act.
Opposition Congress lawmaker Dinesh Gundu Rao also tested positive on Sunday and has isolated himself at home to recover from the virus.