- Army rescues stranded students in J&K
- J&K approves development of 7 new Industrial Estates
- Leaky blood vessels behind Long Covid-linked brain fog, says study
- RBI notifies banks on interest equalisation scheme for rupee export credit
- All Khelo India athletes/skiers safe, no change in fixtures in Gulmarg
- Oil India inks pact for green hydrogen tie-up with Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore
- Mumbai Metro to produce biogas power from wet waste
- TTD Chief Priests Refut Ramana Dikshitulu allegations
- Shivaji to Netaji: The legacy of two great heroes will be rekindled
- Home Ministry gives Z+ security to Congress' Mallikarjun Kharge
Big boost to sports, coaches: Minister Srinivas Goud
The Telangana government will encourage sports and coaches in a big way, Sports and Tourism Minister V Srinivas Goud said on Wednesday
Gachibowli: The Telangana government will encourage sports and coaches in a big way, Sports and Tourism Minister V Srinivas Goud said on Wednesday.
"We are proud to send five sportspersons in shooting from the State to the Olympics in Japan", he stated. Telangana is home State for badminton and shooting.
The Minister attended a 'Cheer 4 India' programme at Gun For Glory Academy on the Central University premises along with SATS chairman A Venkateshwar Reddy, coach Gagan Narang and other sportspersons.
On the occasion, he said Telangana would extend more support to sports and games. "In future we will make efforts that at least half of sportspersons from the country will be from the State.
Goud also said the State began focussing on sports to win medals at international level. "For this we will provide facilities and infrastructure for sports persons and coaches to train them. We will cooperate with coach Gagan Narang with due recognition and respect in the field to train and roll out more shooters from the State.
The Minister also announced that the Hakimpet Sports School will be developed with modern facilities. Narang said he will make efforts to bring out State-level talents. "We will offer the best training for shooting and send sportspersons to get international medals and prizes."