- Stand by Modi, shun Congress: MLA Harish
- HC declines writ by party seeking direction to EC to allot a common symbol
- Malayalam actor Lena reveals marriage with Gaganyaan fame Balakrishnan
- Insult to Indian scientists: Modi
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of cancer pill
- Shehbaz Sharif tipped to be Pak PM
- CBI or equivalent probe into ORR toll tenders
- Stop destruction of Andra Pradesh
- Himachal Congress govt on brink
- PM on two-day visit to Telangana From march 4: Modi to kickstart LS campaign in TS
Politicos, officials told to work in tandem
Local MLA Gudem Mahipal Reddy on Tuesday called for coordinated efforts between people’s representatives and officials. He said that both should be answerable to people.
Patancheru: Local MLA Gudem Mahipal Reddy on Tuesday called for coordinated efforts between people's representatives and officials. He said that both should be answerable to people.
Addressing a meeting at the mandal parishad attended by public representatives and officials, he advised the former to be always be involved in service to people, who elected the representatives, and reminded officials that they receive salaries from the taxes remitted by the public.
Reddy stated that the coordinated working was necessary for finding solution to people's problems and in providing basic facilities in villages. He warned that negligence in redressing public grievances would not be tolerated.
Among those present at the meeting were ZPTC Member Sudhakar Reddy, MPP Erla Devanand, Deputy Tahsildar Ramulu, MEO Rathod, sarpanches of villages, MPTC members, and officials of various government departments.