- World Soil Day
- McAfee Study reveals Indian festive online shopping behavior and advises precautions on “too good to be true” deals
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- JC Prabhakar wants Revanth Reddy to be CM of Telangana
- 25-year-old woman murdered and set ablaze in Medak
- Nguvu Change Leader Roshni Perween amplifies call to end child marriage at the Global Summit
- YS Jagan reviews on Cyclone Michaung, asks officials to provide facilities to flood affected areas
- Seeds of Thought: Sadhguru’s Quotes to Celebrate World Soil Day 2023!
- Embracing Winter Joy: A Guide to Keeping Your Baby Warm and Protected
- Theme, history, meaning and how to celebrate World Soil Day 2023
1.5-cr sacred garden to come up in Tirumala : Y V Subba Reddy
TTD chairman Y V Subba Reddy said on Thursday that henceforth TTD will promote gardens in Tirumala exclusively for growing scented leaves, pavitra and flowers .
Tirumala: TTD chairman Y V Subba Reddy said on Thursday that henceforth TTD will promote gardens in Tirumala exclusively for growing scented leaves, pavitra and flowers . Accompanied by TTD EO Dr K S Jawahar Reddy and Additional EO A V Dharma Reddy, the TTD chairman planted Pavitra plants at Sila Thoranam near Gogarbham dam area on the hills.
Speaking to reporters on the occasion, the TTD chairman said as mentioned in Puranic legends, TTD will set up a Sri Venkateshwara Pavitra Udyanavanam over 10 acres at Sila Thoranam to grow seven types of scented leaves and 25 other varieties of flower plants. He said an amount of Rs 1.5 crore will be spent on the gardens including that of Sandalwood and Red Sanders wood at the Sri Venkateshwara Sandalwood Pavitra Vanam.
DFO Chandrasekhar, Health officer Dr R R Reddy, FROs and others were present.