- Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
- Rahul fires salvo at Asad for conniving with saffron party
- Rahul’s outreach to gig, civic workers, automen
- CM YS Jagan lays foundation stone for AVERA electric vehicle unit
- Hockey Punjab lifts 13th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2023 trophy
- Ind vs Aus, T20Is: Maxwell equals Rohit Sharma with record ton and leads Australia to thrilling victory
- Lovely Professional University to host 109th Indian Science Congress from Jan 3, 2024
- President, Shah, Priyanka hail successful tunnel rescue mission
- BCCI takes Byju's to National Company Law Tribunal; reports
- J&K L-G hosts international cricket players
A moment of pride & respect: Inspector dad salutes his DSP daughter
It was more like a scene straight from Telugu blockbuster film where a proud father Shyam Sunder, who is working as police inspector on spotting his daughter who is the Deputy Superintendent of Police walked up to her, addressed her as Good Morning Madam and in instant reaction raised his hand in salute to his officer daughter Jessi Prasanthi
Tirupati: It was more like a scene straight from Telugu blockbuster film where a proud father Shyam Sunder, who is working as police inspector on spotting his daughter who is the Deputy Superintendent of Police walked up to her, addressed her as Good Morning Madam and in instant reaction raised his hand in salute to his officer daughter Jessi Prasanthi.
This heart-warming scene was witnessed during a police meeting in Tirupati. Shyam Sunder is the police circle inspector at Tirupati Kalyani Dam police training centre. Jessi Prasanthi is the DSP in Guntur South. She was deputed for AP Police State Level Duty Meet 2020 IGNITE at Tirupati AR Grounds. Prasanthi is slated to become a member of the elite Indian Police Service (IPS) in some years.
Prasanthi is from the 2018 batch, who took charge as the DSP of Guntur of urban south and is currently attending the police meet under the women's safety initiative 'Disha'.
Sunder was elated to see his daughter interacting with senior IPS officers right in front of him, prompting him to surprise Prasanthi with the salute and addressing her as 'madam'.
On receiving the salute, Prasanthi reciprocated in similar manner and burst into laughter saying "enti nanna" (what is this dad) in Telugu and in a jovial mood amid a sea of police officials who witnessed this rare professional moment.
"There is no bigger happiness than children becoming successful in life. I have the belief that my child will serve the people with integrity," said Sunder.
Reflecting on the inspiring development, Tirupati Superintendent of Police (SP) Ramesh Reddy said scenes like this generally play out in movies. "I feel very proud to see the father-daughter duo donning uniforms and serving the people at the Tirupati duty meet. All the best Prasanthi," said Reddy.