- Charlie Munger, closest aide of Warren Buffet, dies at 99
- Jagan brought equality with Jagananna colonies: Rajini
- Five Indian States On High Alert As China's Respiratory Illness Surge Sparks Preparedness Review
- Vijayawada: Call to protect panchayat raj system
- Vice President Of Karnataka State Contractors' Association Passes Away Amidst Allegations Of Political Vendetta And Financial Scandal
- Google introduces .meme domain; Find details
- YS Jagan flags of cleaning machines, to lay stone virtually for development works
- Anantapur: Rich tributes paid to Mahatma Phule
- Will speak on ‘Chaiwala’, ‘Chowkidar’ during upcoming LS polls: Akbar
- Supreme Court Seeks Explanation On Delhi Chief Secretary's Tenure Extension, Questions Government's Sole Dependence
Andhra Pradesh: TTD suspends Traditional Meals programs in Tirumala
TTD chairman YV Subba Reddy said it is inappropriate to spread rumours over traditional meals (Sampradaya Bhojanam) on social media. He said that the TTD does not sell traditional meals as the trial run was being halted as it was not successful
TTD chairman YV Subba Reddy said it is inappropriate to spread rumours over traditional meals (Sampradaya Bhojanam) on social media. He said that the TTD does not sell traditional meals as the trial run was being halted as it was not successful. Speaking to media outside the temple after participating in the service this morning, he said that TTD officials had introduced the traditional meal with a good intention during the absence of the TTD governing council. The chairman said they were suspending the traditional meal from today after consulting the authorities.
He explained that they had decided to discontinue the traditional meal and opined that any type of food is offered as part of Tirumala prasadam. He said that some people were spreading untruths on social media and asked the devotees not to believe him. "We are going to launch a new service in TTD, which is named as Navneeta Seva program from today on the occasion of Sri Krishna Janmashtami.
He said that TTD was already organising several spiritual programs, including Gudiko Gomata, Gopuja, and Godharitha Naivedyam for Govinda a new program as part of Navaneets seva. He said that the ingredients for TTD prasadam are traditionally collected from cow's milk, ghee and butter. YV Subba Reddy clarified that the decision on Sarvadarshans will not be taken now as the number of covid cases is increasing.