- Adipurush: Makers decided to give 10000 free tickets across Telangana
- Karnataka Free Bus Travel: Apply for 'Shakti Smart Card' - Dates and Application Details
- Andhra Pradesh: West Godavari Zilla Parishad Chairman election to be held today
- Akhilesh Yadav Extends Support To AAP On Ordinance Issue
- Tirupati gets National Institute of Electronics & IT
- YS Jagan flags off eco-friendly e-autos for garbage collection in municipalities
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 08 June 2023
- PL Stock Report - Tata Motors (TTMT IN) - Analyst Meet Update - Increasing focus on EVs and profitability - BUY
- KCR and Modi govts betrayed jobless youth, ruined their careers: Uttam
- Vijayawada: ULBs to get 516 eco-friendly e-autos
Chandrababu Naidu family donates Rs 30 lakh for Annadanam in Tirumala
The family donates the amount on the occasion of the birthday of Nara Devaansh, Naidu’s grandson
Tirupati: Former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu's family on Sunday provided free food to the devotees in TTD Annadanam complex on the occasion of Nara Devaansh, Naidu's grandson's birthday. Naidu family is every year donating the amount equal to the expenses for providing Annadanam (free food) for a day to the devotees in Tirumala.
Last year they handed over the donation of Rs 30 lakh for providing free food on the birth day of Devaansh on March 21 but the donation amount was not utilised as TTD suspended Annadanam in Tirumala after the pandemic broke out. The TTD arranged free food on Sunday with the donation made by Naidu family last year and as a mark of appreciation for the donation displayed the name of Devaansh in the massive Annadanam complex.
A TTD official said that in addition to the display of the name of the donor bearing the expenses of Annadanam for a day, TTD also allow them to take part in providing free food to devotees, as a mark of service to the devotees which is considered as a service to the Lord.
TDP sources said that Naidu family planned a trip to Tirumala to celebrate the birthday on the holy hills and also participate in the providing of free food (Annadanam) to devotees which they observed in the previous years but cancelled the visit due to unavoidable circumstances.