- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Tirupati: Birthplace of Lord Hanuman snowballs into a row
The TTD claim on the much revered Hindu God Lord Hanuman’s birth place as Anajandri Hill in Tirumala is snowballing into a controversy with Swamy Govindananda Saraswathi of Karnataka refuting TTD remarks on Hanuman birthplace
Tirupati: The TTD claim on the much revered Hindu God Lord Hanuman's birth place as Anajandri Hill in Tirumala is snowballing into a controversy with Swamy Govindananda Saraswathi of Karnataka refuting TTD remarks on Hanuman birthplace.
The Swamiji, who is the founder of Pampa (Karnataka) based Hanumad Janmabhumi Theertha Kshetra Trust, speaking to media here on Friday, termed TTD claim as baseless and the 20-page report of Panditha Parishad set up by TTD on Hanuman birthplace was totally fabricated.
Maintaining that the TTD report was not matched with ancient texts, he said the era and geographical details i.e. the places connected with Hanuman found in Valmiki Ramayana were not matched with details in TTD report.
The Swamiji in his nearly three-hour-long media meet, countered pagewise the TTD report before categorically stating that Hanuman birthplace was Anjanahalli located on the banks of Pampa river in Karnataka, which is very nearer to Anegundi, and called as Kishkinda.
TTD in a planned move in the garb of Panditha Parishad tried its best to establish Jabalee (Anjanadri hill) in Tirumala as Hanuman birthplace but the topographical and geographical places described in Valmiki Ramayanam, a treatise on Lord Ram is disproving Parishad claim.