- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
- As Centre's envoy visits, Tripura party firm on demand of ‘Greater Tipraland' state for tribals
- Don't keep so much hopes that people end up with broken hearts: Kapil on India's WC campaign
- VBA to hold peace rally in Mumbai in support of people of Palestine
- Benefits of input costs that lifted earnings despite muted revenue largely over
- Insta's algorithm offers child-sexualising reels to followers of teen influencers: Report
- Domestic equities positive after S&P raises India’s forecast
- Goa court summons Arvind Kejriwal in poll code violation case
- Maternal discrimination may affect baby’s brain development: Study
Tirupati: Civil Services Prelims exam held peacefully
The Union Public Service Commission’s Civil Services preliminary examinations were conducted peacefully at 14 examination centres here on Sunday.
Tirupati: The Union Public Service Commission's Civil Services preliminary examinations were conducted peacefully at 14 examination centres here on Sunday. Out of 6,790 candidates enrolled to take the exam at Tirupati, only 3,234 have attended for the first paper in the morning registering 47.63 per cent attendance.
For the second paper held in the afternoon session, there was a further drop of 27 candidates with 3,207 have attended registering 47.23 per cent.
UPSC inspecting officer Umesh Pal Singh and IAS officer KV Ramana monitored the conduct of examinations. Joint collector (development) V Veerabrahmam and revenue officer J V Murali have visited the examination centres.
Madanapalli sub-collector M Jahnavi and trainee IAS officer Vishnu Charan have supervised seven centres each while RDO V Kanaka Narasa Reddy acted as custodian. Every candidate was screened at the main gate of the examination centre before allowing them inside the examination hall. Use of face masks was made mandatory.