- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Tirupati: Goddess Padmavathi rides on Teru
On the penultimate day of annual Karthika Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanoor near here on Wednesday, Goddess Sri Padmavathi Devi blessed devotees in her Nijaswarupa as Padmavathi Devi atop flower-decked Ratham (small wooden chariot)
Tirupati: On the penultimate day of annual Karthika Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanoor near here on Wednesday, Goddess Sri Padmavathi Devi blessed devotees in her Nijaswarupa as Padmavathi Devi atop flower-decked Ratham (small wooden chariot).
In view of Covid, in the place of Maha Ratham (wooden chariot), the Ratham was used. The Goddess draped in Muttangi Alankaram was seated on Brahma Teru (the small wooden chariot which usually leads the procession during Brahmotsava Vahana Sevas).
Later in the evening, Aswa Vahana Seva was held. The Goddess atop the Vahanam blessed the devotees.
The nine-day religious fete will come to an end with Chakrasnanam which will also be observed in Ekantham on Thursday. Both the senior and junior Jeeyar Swamijis of Tirumala, TTD Trust Board Ex-officio Dr C Bhaskar Reddy, TTD JEO P Basanth Kumar, CE Ramesh Reddy, Dy EO Jhansi Rani, Additional Health Officer Dr Sunil Kumar and others were present.