- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Tirupati : More awareness programmes on Central schemes on cards
Union minister of state for social justice Krishan Pal Gurjar said the ministry had decided to conduct more and more awareness programmes to highlight government schemes meant for the welfare of differently-abled
Tirupati : Union minister of state for social justice Krishan Pal Gurjar said the ministry had decided to conduct more and more awareness programmes to highlight government schemes meant for the welfare of differently-abled.
Speaking at a review meeting on the implementation of the Central government welfare schemes for senior citizens and disabled welfare here at RASS (Rashtriya Seva Samithi) head office on Monday, the Union minister said that reservation for the disabled has been increased in employment from 3 to 4 per cent and in education 3 to 5 per cent.
The differently-abled across the country have been given unique identity cards and the government was striving to ensure equal opportunity for all of them.
He also briefed on the initiatives taken up by the ministry for 'Cochlear implantation' for the support of the hearing impaired in the country and also agreed to provide to lifts under 'SIPDA' scheme at the district collectorate in Chittoor and also provide all other required facilities for the convenience of the disabled visiting the district offices in the complex under 'Sugmya Bharat Abhiyan'.
RASS president and secretary G Muniratnam, S Venkatratnam respectively, disabled welfare assistant director A Y Srinivas, NIEPMD director Nachikethan, head of department, social welfare, Amarnath and other officials were present.