- New stem cell therapy may halt multiple sclerosis progression
- Mossad Chief in Doha for fresh talks, will meet CIA Chief for release of more hostages
- Nearing breakthrough: 58m debris removed, pipe pushed for Silkyara tunnel rescue, says NDMA
- India Shelter Finance, DOMS Industries, 3 others get Sebi nod to float IPOs
- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
Tirupati: Webinar on the impact of Covid-19 on women held
A national webinar on ‘Impact of Covid-19 on female population in India’ was organised by the Centre for Women’s Studies in SV University here on Wednesday.
Tirupati: A national webinar on 'Impact of Covid-19 on female population in India' was organised by the Centre for Women's Studies in SV University here on Wednesday. SVU Arts College Principal Prof B V Muralidhar participated as chief guest and said that the Covid-19 pandemic has shown its adverse impact on the children and women largely. The pandemic also resulted in increased responsibilities and huge work burden on women. Prof Beena Narayan of IESMCRC, Mumbai, and Prof K Pushpanjali of Women Studies Centre of SK University in Anantapur have spoken on various aspects of the economic impact on women as a result of the pandemic and the lifestyle modifications it brought. Webinar Director Prof D Krishna Murthy has explained the importance of the topic. Dr D Raja Rajeswari, Dr K Srilatha Kishori, Dr V Jagadeeswari, Dr D Ramana, Dr P Sunitha and others took part.