- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
YSRCP government ignored welfare of youth, flays Yanamala Ramakrishnudu
Former Minister and TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu came down heavily on the YSRCP government for its failure to take up any schemes for the welfare of youth during the last three years.
Vijayawada: Former Minister and TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu came down heavily on the YSRCP government for its failure to take up any schemes for the welfare of youth during the last three years. In a press release here on Wednesday, he said that Jagan Mohan Reddy, who came to power by making several promises to the youth, did nothing for them in the past three years. Employment to the youth in Andhra Pradesh has become a dream, he stated.
Recalling the assurance given by Jagan to the youth that soon after coming to power he would fill 2.3 lakh vacancies and release the job calendar every year, the senior TDP leader said that no proper job calendars were released during the last three years and the youth were cheated.
With the State government not recognising agriculture as a priority sector, the future of the youth has been thrown into a dilemma, he felt. There is no proper action plan to fill the vacancies and no investments were coming into the State after Jagan Mohan Reddy came to power.
In fact, industrialists were withdrawing their investments following which the unemployment rate has gone up, Ramakrishnudu said. Jagan who came to power promising regularisation of services of the contract employees, has in fact removed them from their jobs throwing them onto the roads.
The unemployment allowance which was provided by the earlier TDP regime for six lakh youth has been withdrawn by the YSRCP thus doing great injustice to the unemployed, the senior TDP leader lamented. The youth should realise the facts and fight unitedly for their rights, he said.
Ramakrishnudu said the SCs, STs and BCs have lost confidence in the YSRCP rule as the benefits which were extended to them earlier by the TDP government have been discontinued.
The Special Category Status (SCS) has been given a goby as the Chief Minister has criminal cases pending against him, Ramakrishnudu said.