- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
- District SP Gaus Alam asks devotees to perform Ganesh immersion with devotion
- Delhi L-G urges neighboring states to address crop residue burning for air quality improvement
- Electoral Roll Observer E Sridhar holds review meet
- PL Sector Update - Retail - - D'Mart Ready retains competitive advantage
- Kejriwal to announce Winter Action Plan on Sep 29 as Delhi tries to fight pollution
- Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission will frame guidelines to prevent electrocution incidents and for compensation to victims
- Zerodha reports revenue of Rs 6,875 cr, profit at Rs 2,907 cr for FY23
'Speed up smart city works': D Vinay Bhaskar
Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar directed the administration to focus on ongoing developmental works in the city.
Warangal: Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar directed the administration to focus on ongoing developmental works in the city. Conducting a review meeting with the Mayor Gundu Sudharani and Urban District Collector Rajeev Gandhi Hanumanthu who is also the Municipal Commissioner (FAC) of the Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) here on Friday, the Chief Whip said that works initiated under Smart Cities Mission must be expedited. "The time has come for the administration to crack the whip against the contracting agencies for slow pace of works. a penalty will be imposed on contractors who fail to complete works within the timeframe," Vinay said.
R-1 and R-2 road works under Smart City Mission must be completed by September. The R-3 and R-4 works should be completed by August end, the Chief Whip said. He directed the officials to prepare a detailed project report for the construction of Mada Streets at the historic Bhadrakali temple. This apart, work on modernisation of the bus station in Hanamkonda should be taken up, he said. He told the officials to complete the pending works at Bhadrakali Bun Promenade.