- YS Jagan launches Jagananna Arogya Suraksha, says free medical tests to all
- ISKCON sends Rs 100 cr defamation notice to BJP MP Maneka Gandhi
- Committee again asks Karnataka to release 3,000 cusecs water till Oct 15
- Kejriwal unveils 15-point winter action plan to combat air pollution
- Tirupati: Surge in pilgrim rush
- Asian Games: India's success in shooting at Hangzhou charted inside a 'war room' in NCR
- K'taka CM felicitates gold medal-winning Indian blind women's cricket team
- Decision to be taken after discussion with a team of experts: CM assures the protesters
- Will weight loss help lower heart disease risk?
- RBI to maintain rates, real estate sector to be disappointed
Warangal Urban 1st in Palle Pragathi
Among all districts in the State, Warangal Urban has stood first in carrying the spirit of Palle Pragathi, the flagship programme of Telangana government aimed at improving greenery, cleanliness and basic infrastructure in Gram Panchayats (GPs).
Warangal: Among all districts in the State, Warangal Urban has stood first in carrying the spirit of Palle Pragathi, the flagship programme of Telangana government aimed at improving greenery, cleanliness and basic infrastructure in Gram Panchayats (GPs). The Urban District which stood third in the implementation in the phase-I of the Palle Pragathi put up a strong performance by scoring 66.08 weightage points of the total 100. The weightage score is a cumulative of the first and the second phase implementation.
It may be mentioned here that ranking was based on weightage points - Haritha Haram nurseries (20%), plantation - survival (10%), soak pits (10%), crematorium (30%) and dumping yard/compost pit with segregation sheds (30%) given by the State government.
While the Warangal Rural District had clinched the fourth place with 61.02 points, Jayashankar Bhupalpally district with a tally of 21.03 weightage points languished last in the State. The performance of others in the erstwhile Warangal district: Jangaon secured 10th place; Mahabubabad 24 and Mulugu 26.
The Urban District has put up a fine performance in the plantation – survival category by picking up 9.35 of the total 10 points. The district recorded 93.48 per cent of survival of the 9.02 lakh saplings planted. In the dumping yard/compost category, the district has achieved 85.38 per cent success. The district also put up a notable performance in the implementation of crematorium category by scoring 71.09 percentage.
Speaking to The Hans India, Warangal Urban District Collector Prashanth Jeevan Patil said: "It's a teamwork. The officials tried their best to implement the Palle Pragathi in letter and spirit. Hopefully, the transformation of the rural areas will be taken to the new level in the future with the coordination of officials and people's representatives." We may have finished first in the State, but we still have a long way to go, Patil said, stating that Palle Pragathi is the way to empower rural areas, the dream of Mahatma Gandhi.