- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
- Odisha will have a double-engine govt after 2024 election: Rajnath Singh
- Mekapati Vikram Reddy reviews on Revenue dept. in Nellore
- Sachin Tendulkar pays obeisance at Hazratbal, Shankaracharya temple in Srinagar; takes Shikara ride
- Olive Ridley turtles lay over 9K eggs in South Goa
- Sandeshkhali unrest: Bengal BJP chief Sukanta Majumdar dragged by cops during protest
- Meta’s Oversight Board extends its scope to Instagram Threads
- Indian researchers develop 'organoid' to help in neurodegenerative diseases
12 dead in Myanmar military plane crash
At least 12 people have died after a military aircraft crashed in Myanmar, according to a fire brigade spokesperson on Thursday.
Nay Pyi Taw : At least 12 people have died after a military aircraft crashed in Myanmar, according to a fire brigade spokesperson on Thursday.
The accident occurred near the central city of Mandalay, the spokesperson told dpa news agency.
The weather conditions were very bad, according to local news reports.
Soldiers and Buddhist monks were on board.
The monks had been due to take part in a religious ceremony, the reports said.
The plane was en route from the capital, Nay Pyi Taw, to the city of Pyin Oo Lwin and crashed shortly before landing, according to Myawaddy TV, a station run by the military junta.
Images were posted in social media showing the crashed plane.