- Aloe can provide immediate relief for your infant
- TDP stages novel protest against Naidu’s arrest
- Bejan Daruwalla’s Horoscope
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today surges, check the rates on 24 September, 2023
- Kishan Reddy slams govt over exam cancellation
- BJYM activists donate blood
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today surges, check the rates on September 23, 2023
- IT employees call for car rally from Hyderabad to Rajahmundry, police says no permission
- Tirupati: Apollo clinic to offer cardiac services on every 4th Saturday
- DK Aruna demands compensation to job aspirants
Global Covid caseload tops 369.4 million
Amid an ongoing resurgence across the world, the global coronavirus caseload has topped 369.4 million, while the deaths have surged to more than 5.64 million and vaccinations to over 9.92 billion, according to Johns Hopkins University.
Washington: Amid an ongoing resurgence across the world, the global coronavirus caseload has topped 369.4 million, while the deaths have surged to more than 5.64 million and vaccinations to over 9.92 billion, according to Johns Hopkins University.
In its latest update on Saturday morning, the University's Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) revealed that the current global caseload and the death toll stood at 369,440,775 and 5,648,611, respectively, while the total number of vaccine doses administered has increased to 9,926,334,578.
The US continues to be the worst-hit country with the world's highest number of cases and deaths at 74,058,529 and 882,275, according to the CSSE.
The second worst hit country in terms of cases is India (40,622,709 infections and 492,327 deaths), followed by Brazil (25,050,601 infections and 626,170 deaths).
The other countries with over 5 million cases are France (18,596,157), the UK (16,447,349), Turkey (11,343,693), Russia (11,217,423), Italy (10,683,948), Spain (9,779,130), Germany (9,524,797), Argentina (8,271,636), Iran (6,293,695) and Colombia (5,816,462), the CSSE figures showed.
The nations with a death toll of over 100,000 are Russia (322,135), Mexico (303,776), Peru (204,769), the UK (155,841), Italy (145,537), Indonesia (144,261), Colombia (133,292), Iran (132,333), France (131,271), Argentina (120,657), Germany (117,560), Ukraine (106,373) and Poland (104,636).