- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Indian-American expert named special assistant to Prez Joe Biden
Indian-American Pronita Gupta, an expert on labour issues, has been named US President Joe Biden's Special Assistant for Labour and Workers on the Domestic Policy Council.
Washington: Indian-American Pronita Gupta, an expert on labour issues, has been named US President Joe Biden's Special Assistant for Labour and Workers on the Domestic Policy Council.
Gupta, who expertise in the areas of paid family and medical leave, pay equity, and other workplace labour standards, brings a deep commitment and dedication to advocating policies that improve job quality for workers, strengthen worker protection, and increase economic security for working families with low incomes, the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) said in a statement. Gupta, a former Obama-era official at the US Department of Labour, was until recently the Director of the Job Quality Team at the CLASP. "