- AI transforming hair salons
- Rio Open: Cameron Noorie secures semis spot beating Thiago Seyboth Wild
- MWC 2024: Google, Nothing, and More to Showcase Innovations
- 4th Test: Jaiswal slams fifty, but Bashir takes three as India trail England by 222 runs
- South Korea junior doctors' walkout enters fifth day; health services affected
- Kanna Lakshminarayana participate in massive rally in Nandigama
- PM Modi to throw open India’s longest cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat on Feb 25
- Lok Sabha polls 2024: AAP and Cong announce seat sharing tie-up for Haryana, Delhi, Gujarat
- K’taka: FIR filed against activists, nurses in religious conversion case
- Gut microbes may be behind high blood clot risk in some Covid patients
Assam: Man climbs electric pole, threatens to commit suicide
Sonapur village in Assam on the outskirts of Guwahati witnessed drama on Wednesday after a man climbed a high voltage electricity transmission line tower.
Guwahati: Sonapur village in Assam on the outskirts of Guwahati witnessed drama on Wednesday after a man climbed a high voltage electricity transmission line tower.
Even as some residents spotted him and rushed there, the man threatened to jump from the tower if anyone tries to rescue him.
The villagers got panicked, and no one approached the transmission tower.
Meanwhile, the police was informed and eventually, the police personnel reached the spot. However, they also found it difficult to convince the man to get off the tower.
The drama continued for nearly three hours and finally, the police was able to bring the man down.
The man has been identified as Dharmeshwar Boro. The motive behind his action is still unknown.
Some reports suggested that Bora is mentally disturbed.
The Officer-in-charge of Sonapur police station also informed that Boro is suffering from psychiatric issues, and is under treatment.
He was taken to a nearby hospital and later sent to Guwahati Medical College and Hospital.