- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
- Rahul promises immediate implementation of women reservation bill if voted to power
- Dengue cases rise in Bihar
- Manipur govt suspends ‘Free Movement Regime’ along Myanmar border, asks Center to close it permanently
- Sharad Pawar visits Adani office, residence in Ahmedabad
- AP Skill Development Corporation scam: CID interrogates Chandrababu Naidu in prison
- Two buildings demolished with implosion technology in Hyderabad IT Park
BSF Confiscates 5 Kg Of Drugs Dropped By A Drone In Amritsar Sector
Over 5 kg of drugs that were dropped by a drone in the early hours of Friday near the International Border in the Amritsar sector were captured by the...
Over 5 kg of drugs that were dropped by a drone in the early hours of Friday near the International Border in the Amritsar sector were captured by the Border Security Force. According to a BSF officer, BSF men stationed in deep terrain reported hearing a drone buzzing and something being dropped in some nearby farms.
After looking around, a sizable parcel wrapped in yellow plastic was discovered in the fields next to the settlement. It had a gross weight of 5.26 kg and five smaller sachets that were thought to be heroin, he continued.
It tweeted that "Depth deployed troops of @BSF_Punjab heard the sound of #Pakistani drone & dropping by it. On searching 1 big packet containing 5.260 kg heroin has been recovered near Village Rai, District- #Amritsar, reported The Hindu.
Meanwhile, the police joined the BSF team in the search operation, during which one sizable packet that was likely contraband and was wrapped in yellow adhesive tape was found in a field adjacent to the Rear Kakkar hamlet in Amritsar. Additionally discovered were a hook affixed to the packet and a nylon rope in a green shade.
According to the BSF Punjab Frontier, in the course of the search, a large package presumed to be illicit was found in a farming field outside of Rear Kakkar. It was wrapped in a yellow adhesive tape and had a green nylon rope and hook connected to it. Five packets of heroin totaling 5.260 kg in gross weight were discovered when the packet was opened. It added that five packages totaling 5.26 kilogrammes of heroin were discovered when the main packet was opened.