Congress may include Healthcare Act promise in manifesto: Rahul Gandhi
Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said his party was looking at including the promise of Healthcare Act in its manifesto.
Raipur: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said his party was looking at including the promise of Healthcare Act in its manifesto for the April-May Lok Sabha polls. He said it was part of the Congress' commitment to ensure everybody has access to quality healthcare.
The Congress chief said his party wanted to increase health expenditure to 3 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and also increase the number of trained medical professionals.
Gandhi was speaking to medical professionals here at a programme organised by an NGO.
- MHA asks States, UTs to remain alert; says calls given in various quarters for inciting violence
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources