Coronavirus live updates: A fresh case reported in Visakhapatnam, tally reaches to 12 in AP
India has reached 591, which includes 534 active cases, 46 cured and 11 deaths
With the hope of breaking the chain of coronavirus outbreak, the country is taking all measures. As part of it as many as around 550 districts across all the states in the country were placed under lockdown. On the other hand, there are 724 positive cases and 17 deaths reported.
However, during the 21 days lockdown, state administrations have given the relaxation to the to keep the essential services like Hospitals, medical stores, grocery and vegetable shops running. So it is the need of the hour of the people to follow the government's orders on lockdown for the containment of the deadly coronavirus.
World Health Organization advice for avoiding spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Wash hands after coughing or sneezing; when caring for the sick; before, during and after food preparation; before eating; after using the toilet; when hands are visibly dirty; and after handling animals or waste.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your hands, nose and mouth. Do not spit in public.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Discard the tissue immediately and clean your hands.
- If you feel unwell (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) seek medical care early and call local health authorities in advance.
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 developments issued by health authorities and follow their guidance.
- Healthy individuals only need to wear a mask if taking care of a sick person.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning.
- Do not touch the mask while wearing it. Clean hands if you touch the mask.
- Learn how to properly put on, remove and dispose of masks. Clean hands after disposing of mask.
- Do not reuse single-use masks.
Stay tuned to The Hans India for the more live updates on the coronavirus and lockdown of the states.
- 27 March 2020 1:49 PM GMT
5 crore bottles of sanitizer will be supplied by excise factories in Assam free of cost
As per Assam health department's demand, around 5 crore bottles of 200 ml sanitizer will be supplied by excise factories of the state free of cost. 11 companies have started producing sanitizer in the state: Excise Minister Parimal Suklabaidiya pic.twitter.com/5Fh7pUJDUg— ANI (@ANI) March 27, 2020
- 27 March 2020 1:48 PM GMT
PM Narendra Modi calls up Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami, asks him to ensure strict enforcement of coronavirus lockdown, reports PTI quoting the state government.
- 27 March 2020 1:47 PM GMT
UK health secretary Matt Hancock tests positive, AFP reports.
- 27 March 2020 1:47 PM GMT
5 new cases of Covid-19 reported in the state. The three cases are from SBS Nagar, one from Jalandhar and one from SAS Nagar, but all five are contacts of earlier positive cases. Total number of positive cases is 38: Punjab Health department
- 27 March 2020 1:46 PM GMT
Prayers for your good health and best wishes in ensuring a healthy UK: PM Modi to UK PM
- 27 March 2020 1:45 PM GMT
'Dear Boris Johnson, you are a fighter,' PM Modi tweets after UK PM tests positive.
- 27 March 2020 10:12 AM GMT
District civil supply officer Mrs. C Padma inspecting the prices in a supermarket at Secunderabad on Friday.
- 27 March 2020 10:01 AM GMT
Total number of Coronavirus positive cases in Haryana stands at 19: ANI
- 27 March 2020 9:07 AM GMT
US overtakes China with highest number of cases; over 24,000 deaths globally but almost 123,000 have also recovered.
- 27 March 2020 7:56 AM GMT
Puducherry: Police personnel give roses to doctors, medical staff and other people providing essential services amid Coronavirus outbreak, as a token of appreciation.