DMK files a complaint with CEO for violation of model code
R Girirajan the legal wing secretary of DMK had submitted a petition to the CEO by demanding action against Jayakumar by saying that, he was in violation of the model code.
CHENNAI: On Wednesday, the DMK had filed a complaint against the Tamil Nadu fisheries minister D Jayakumar, with the Tamil Nadu chief electoral officer Satyabrata Sahoo by alleging that the latter had promised to give 1,500 each per month to the families living below the poverty line if they voted for the AIADMK.
R Girirajan the legal wing secretary of DMK had submitted a petition to the CEO by demanding action against Jayakumar by saying that, he was in violation of the model code. "He clearly said if vote is in favour of the AIADMK and two leaves symbol, people will get Rs 1500 every month," said the petition.
The promise of the minister reflects as bribing to the voters, he said. When the model code is in force, ministers are prohibited from announcing any financial grant. The DMK leader had said, "Jayakumar is not a candidate, but a minister. He cannot make such announcements to induce voters. Necessary action must be taken against him."
- Three counting stations set up in Wayanad parliamentary constituency
- Candidates all geared up with near and dear ones for the Lok-Sabha election results
- Election Result 2019: The grand finale, Counting of votes to begin at 8 am
- Counting Of Votes For Lok Sabha Polls Across 24 Centres In Jharkhand
- Sushma, Qureshi exchange pleasantries on sidelines of SCO meeting