DMK files a complaint with CEO for violation of model code
R Girirajan the legal wing secretary of DMK had submitted a petition to the CEO by demanding action against Jayakumar by saying that, he was in violation of the model code.
CHENNAI: On Wednesday, the DMK had filed a complaint against the Tamil Nadu fisheries minister D Jayakumar, with the Tamil Nadu chief electoral officer Satyabrata Sahoo by alleging that the latter had promised to give 1,500 each per month to the families living below the poverty line if they voted for the AIADMK.
R Girirajan the legal wing secretary of DMK had submitted a petition to the CEO by demanding action against Jayakumar by saying that, he was in violation of the model code. "He clearly said if vote is in favour of the AIADMK and two leaves symbol, people will get Rs 1500 every month," said the petition.
The promise of the minister reflects as bribing to the voters, he said. When the model code is in force, ministers are prohibited from announcing any financial grant. The DMK leader had said, "Jayakumar is not a candidate, but a minister. He cannot make such announcements to induce voters. Necessary action must be taken against him."
- Kerala witnesses heavy polling of 77.68 per cent votes; highest in 30 years
- Charges against CJI: Supreme Court asks IB, CBI, Delhi Police to look into evidence given
- Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
- PM Modi shares his likes, life moments with Akshay Kumar
- Modi biopic should be released after polls: Election Commission to Supreme Court