- Everyone benefiting from schemes without any discrimination under Modi govt: Yogi Adityanath
- Majority of apps yet to be relisted on Google Play: Industry body
- UP govt to hold one-day meet on tackling drought through technology
- Chinese President Xi Jinping congratulates Shehbaz Sharif on election as Pakistan's PM
- Schools of Eminence will give wings to dreams: Punjab CM
- "Ram Charan Joins Khan Trio: Naatu Naatu Dance | SRK's Jai Shri Ram"
- Tejashwi attacks Nitish Kumar, BJP at Jan Vishwas Maharally in Patna
- ‘Sharathulu Varthisthai’ trailer connects to every middle-class person
- ‘Premalu’ trailer: Hilarious
- ‘Bhimaa’pre-release event sets the stage for a grand release
Fire Breaks Out At Building Housing Government Offices In Lucknow
Eight fire tenders were deployed to douse the blaze, officials said, adding that prima facie short circuit appears to be the cause of the fire.
LUCKNOW: A massive fire broke out in a building housing several government offices in the upscale Gomti Nagar area of Lucknow on Wednesday.
The fire broke out at the second floor of the PICUP building around 8 pm and soon spread to the third floor, official sources said.
Eight fire tenders were deployed to douse the blaze, they said, adding that prima facie short circuit appears to be the cause of the fire.
There was no report of any casualty or injury.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has constituted a committee to probe the incident.
Government sources said Additional Director General of Lucknow Zone, Special Secretary Industry Additional and Chief Fire Officer of Lucknow will be investigating the incident, determine the cause of the fire and also fix responsibility for it within 48 hours.
The building has many offices, including that of the Industrial Development Department and the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.