- Kerala govt suspends College Dean in student death case
- BJP's Pawan Singh not to contest from Asansol, opts out
- IWD 2024: Top 5 Indian Women on International Podium
- Shehbaz Sharif elected Pakistan Prime Minister
- Demand for key minerals to soar with growth of EVs
- Punjab sees 15.69pc increase in GST: Minister
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya loves collecting souvenirs from film sets
- Annual working hours in S. Korea drops to 200: Report
- 12 states in next 10 days: PM Modi's gruelling schedule shows BJP in 'Mission 370' mode
- Six-year-old girl raped by teenager in UP village
Four minor siblings hacked to death in Maharashtra's Jalgaon
Four minor siblings were allegedly hacked to death with an axe by an unidentified person in Jalgaon district of north Maharashtra, a police official said on Friday
Jalgaon: Four minor siblings were allegedly hacked to death with an axe by an unidentified person in Jalgaon district of north Maharashtra, a police official said on Friday.
The incident came to light this morning after the children were found lying in a pool of blood inside a house built at a farm in Raver taluka's Borkheda Shivar village, he said.
"The incident occurred when the children's parents had gone to Madhya Pradesh along with their elder son for 'dashkriya' (tenth day ritual) of a dead relative," the official said. "When the farm owner visited the house in the morning, he was shocked to find the four siblings lying in a pool of blood. He alerted the villagers as well as the police," the official said.
Raver police rushed the spot and bodies of all the children, identified as Sangita (13), Rahul (11), Anil (eight) and Nani (six), were taken to a hospital for post-mortem, he said. "All the children were hacked to death with an axe. Deep wounds were found on their necks," the official added