Government official among 15 arrested in a raid at dance bar in Mumbai
A businessman, a government official and some high-profile people were among those arrested.
Mumbai: At least 15 people, including a senior official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), were arrested following a raid on a dance bar in Colaba at South Mumbai early on Wednesday, police said.
"During the raid, police arrested nine members of the hotel management staff and six customers, which includes an officer rank of deputy municipal commissioner," an official said.
A businessman, a government official and some high-profile persons were among those arrested, he said, adding that the female staff of the bar was let off.
The action was taken under different sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Maharashtra Hotels Establishment Act, he said.
All the accused were produced before the court, which released them on bail, he said.
- Surgeons remove 8 Spoons, Knife, 2 Toothbrushes from a Man's stomach
- Charge sheet filed against accused in Bandipora rape case
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit