- LG orders Project Management Unit to be set up for Multi Modal Integration ops at Metro Stations
- Will conduct caste census in India after 2024: Lalu Prasad
- JSW Infra to make market debut on Tuesday after 2 days of IPO closure
- Net office leasing rises 5 pc to 18-month high of 10.37 mn sq ft in Jul-Sep across top 7 cities: JLL
- Ageing Singapore offers a blueprint for action By Rahul Malhotra, Duke-NUS Medical School
- No copyright in scriptures but their adaptations protected : Delhi HC
- Abhishek Banerjee leads TMC protest at Rajghat pressing Centre to release MGNREGA funds
- CIL's coal supply to power sector rises 3.4 pc to 294.8 MT in H1
- Akali Dal slams AAP for spending crores to ‘inaugurate’ hospital ward
- CM Mann, Kejriwal launch Mata Kaushalya hospital in Patiala
Gujarat boy held for issuing threats to Dhoni's daughter
A 16-year-old boy was nabbed on Sunday from Mundra in Gujarat for allegedly issuing 'rape' threats against cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni's minor daughter, police said
Mundra : A 16-year-old boy was nabbed on Sunday from Mundra in Gujarat for allegedly issuing 'rape' threats against cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni's minor daughter, police said.
"The class 12 student from Namna Kapaya village was detained for questioning in connection with a disgusting threat message that was posted on the Instagram account of Dhoni's wife Sakshi Dhoni a few days back," Kutch (West) superintendent of police Saurabh Singh told reporters.
The teenager "confessed" to have posted the threatening message on the Instagram account after the Indian Premier League 2020 match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings cricket teams, police said.
Ranchi police had shared information regarding the boy with Kutch (West) police and asked them to confirm if he was the one who had posted the threat message, Singh said. "We detained him for questioning after Ranchi police informed us that the accused hails from Mundra in Kutch district.
"We have confirmed that the boy is the same who had posted the message. He will be handed over to Ranchi police as the FIR was lodged in that city," the SP said. The nature of the threat had caused a huge outrage on social media, with several cricketers, politicians and celebrities expressing disgust and demanding action.