- 5G rollout subject to funding: VIL CEO
- Hyderabad: BRS party will not get more than 25 seats says Revanth Reddy
- SAT favours Goenka in ZEEL case
- B’luru hosts majority self-made entrepreneurs
- GDP growth zooms 7.6% in Q2
- Hyderabad: First-time voters enjoy having brush with exercising franchise
- CM asks nursing officers to create own identities
- ASI completes laser scanning of outer walls of Ratna Bhandar
- Delhi CM Kejriwal to meet rat-hole miners who helped rescue 41 tunnel workers
- Animal Movie Twitter Live Reviews And Updates
IAS officer rejoins work with her new-born baby
In commendable dedication to duty, Modinagar sub-divisional magistrate Saumya Pandey, who was appointed the nodal officer for Covid in Ghaziabad district this July, rejoined office a fortnight after she gave birth, her baby girl in tow
Ghaziabad: In commendable dedication to duty, Modinagar sub-divisional magistrate Saumya Pandey, who was appointed the nodal officer for Covid in Ghaziabad district this July, rejoined office a fortnight after she gave birth, her baby girl in tow.
Speaking to ANI, Pandey said, "I am an IAS officer so I have to look after my service. Due to Covid-19, there is a responsibility on all. God has given women the strength to give birth to her child and care for the child. In rural India, women do their household and work related to their livelihood in pregnancy during the near days of delivery and after giving birth they take care of the child and also manage their work and household. Similarly, it is the blessings of God that I am able to do my administrative work with my three week old girl child."
"My family has supported me lot in this. My whole Tehsil and Ghaziabad district administration which is like a family to me gave me support during the pregnancy and post-delivery. District Magistrate and administration's staff supported me throughout my pregnancy period as well as after my delivery," she said.
The SDM said, "From July to September, I was the Nodal officer for COVID in Ghaziabad. In September I took 22 days- leave during my operation. Two weeks after the delivery, I joined the Tehsil."