Minor girl raped by 70-year-old man
A 7-year-old girl was raped by a 70-year-old neighbour in Odisha's Gajapati district, police said on Monday.
Bhubaneswar: A 7-year-old girl was raped by a 70-year-old neighbour in Odisha's Gajapati district, police said on Monday.
The incident, which occurred at New Camp Street II, came to light after the girl's father lodged a complaint with the police on Sunday night.
Police said the accused, identified as Barik Pradhan, had been sexually assaulting the minor after luring her with chocolates for two to three days.
The girl narrated her ordeal to her family only on Sunday. The accused has been detained, said police officer Thakur Prasad Patra.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting