NGT directs civic body not to dump solid waste near school
The National Green Tribunal has directed the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) not to dump solid waste or raise any structure near a school in Shahdara.
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal has directed the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) not to dump solid waste or raise any structure near a school in Shahdara. A bench headed by Justice Raghuvendra S Rathore also directed the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to provide land for relocating auto workshop which is functioning in densely populated residential area of Jhilmil colony.
"However, it is made clear that the concerning authority for the purpose of giving the land to EDMC may take immediate steps to complete the procedural formalities. Needless to say that the land which is to be given to EDMC for construction of auto workshop, would be with consideration and in accordance to the prevailing laws," the bench said.
The tribunal also directed the EDMC to pay Rs 50,000 to advocate Sanjay Upadhyay, who was appointed as amicus curiae in the case. The order came on a letter written by MLA Ram Niwas Goel to the NGT against the increasing number of auto workshops in Jhilmil Colony in East Delhi resulting in enormous traffic congestion and air pollution in the area.
- Opposition leaders set to meet; also to move Election Commission over VVPATs
- Countdown begins for Indian rocket's Wednesday launch
- Two year-old electrocuted by unattended mobile charger
- Ahead of opposition meet over EVM issues, Kumaraswamy cancels Delhi visit
- Watch: Due to a technical snag, Delhi Metro services affected on Yellow Line