- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Night temperature drops below zero in Kashmir
Night temperatures throughout the Kashmir Valley dropped below the freezing point on Saturday while at minus 12.0 degrees Celsius, Drass town of Ladakh remained the coldest.
Srinagar: Night temperatures throughout the Kashmir Valley dropped below the freezing point on Saturday while at minus 12.0 degrees Celsius, Drass town of Ladakh remained the coldest.
An official of the Meteorological Department (MeT) said, "Due to clear night sky, minimum temperatures throughout the Valley dropped below the freezing point today.
"Srinagar had minus 1.5, Pahalgam minus 4.3, Gulmarg minus 1.0, Qazigund minus 1.8 and Kupwara minus 2.7 as the minimum temperature.
"Drass town of Ladakh had minus 12.0, Leh minus 10.3 and Kargil minus 4.9 as the night's lowest temperature.
"Jammu city had 10.4, Katra 9.2, Batote 4.2, Banihal minus 0.4 and Bhaderwah 1.7 as the minimum temperature".
The official said weather is likely to remain dry during the next 48 hours in both Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.