- British Airways supervisor on the run in India
- Abu Dhabi's Hindu temple to open for public from March 1
- Japanese firm ties up with Biological E to make dengue vaccine
- Rajamahendravaram: ‘Financial Literacy Week’ commences
- Revanth issues ‘zero bill’ to BRS in LS polls
- Congress govt launches gas cylinder, free power schemes
- PM presents wings to 4 Vyomanauts
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 28th February 2024
- Reach out to people for YSRCP win: Jagan
- A blow to heart can kill you or bring you back to life
Uttar Pradesh Minister Kamala Rani Varun falls to Coronavirus
The Yogi Adityanath government has announced a state mourning after the demise of Uttar Pradesh Minister Kamala Rani Varun. The minister, 62, died of coronavirus on Sunday.
Lucknow: The Yogi Adityanath government has announced a state mourning after the demise of Uttar Pradesh Minister Kamala Rani Varun. The minister, 62, died of coronavirus on Sunday. She had been admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) on July 18.
The council of minister held a condolence meeting and observed a two-minute silence on the occasion. The cremation will take place in Kanpur later in the day.
According to an official statement issued by Prof R K Dhiman, Director SGPGIMS, the minister had comorbidities in form of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and hypothyroidism.
"She had bilateral pneumonia at admission and was shifted to ICU on the day of admission itself because of high oxygen requirement. Later, she required non-invasive ventilation (NIV) with high oxygen requirements. "On evaluation, she had all the features of severe disease and she was given Inj. Remdesevir followed by Tocilizumab following which she had transient improvement in her clinical status for few days but again her condition started deteriorating with progressively increasing NIV and oxygen requirements," the statement said. She was immediately transfused with convalescent plasma and steroid doses were hiked.
She was put on mechanical ventilator on Saturday but her condition continued to deteriorate with hypotension and multi organ dysfunction and succumbed to her illness.