- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Naidu: Be ready to face elections
Achanta: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday called upon the party workers to gear up the party in the district to face the...
Achanta: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday called upon the party workers to gear up the party in the district to face the elections. Addressing party workers at Kavitam in Poduru mandal of West Godavari district, Naidu said that elections could take place anytime. He said the party should be ready to face them and should take all necessary measures to strengthen the unit there. Naidu lashed at the government saying that it had failed on all counts. He said the government was neck deep in corruption. Though it claims to be a farmer friendly government, it had done nothing for their welfare. He said though Congress had launched a campaign that he was anti farmer before 2004 elections, it had failed to prove it. "I had challenged Y S Rajasekhara Reddy to prove that I was against farmers but he failed to do so," Naidu said. He said it was TDP which had brought reforms in water utilization. It was TDP which had introduced innovative farm methods which helped in increase of yield. YSR did nothing for farmers but succeeded in launching a campaign as if he was the messiah of farmers. Party workers should ensure that the people of this constituency understand the reality. He reiterated that the TDP if voted to power will waive off agricultural loans.