- Heart attacks associated with faster cognitive decline over years: Study
- Khap Delegation To Meet With President Murmu To Demand Justice For The Protesting Wrestlers
- Rajini’s Jailer wraps up its shoot
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI nears record 1bn unique users monthly: Report
- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
Liquor scam: SIT grills Vishnu over 10 hours
200 questions posed to former MLA. The special investigation team, which is probing into the spurious liquor deaths, questioned one of the accused Malladi Vishnu, former Congress legislator, here on Wednesday.
Vijayawada: The special investigation team (SIT), which is probing into the spurious liquor deaths, questioned one of the accused Malladi Vishnu, former Congress legislator, here on Wednesday. Vishnu, who had emerged after a fortnight-long absence from his house on Tuesday, reached the Krishna Lanka police station to be available to the SIT for questioning. He was accompanied by senior advocate V Gurunadham, and was present all through the interrogation, which was video recorded as per the directions of the High Court.
The SIT had given him a set of 200 questions relating to the spurious liquor case that had caused the death of five persons and left 29 others seriously ill in the first week of December 2015. The investigating officers have posed the questions to the Congress leader as he had answered all.
The police have named Vishnu as accused-9 in the case as his brother and mother owned the infamous Swarna Bar and Restaurant. The State government had placed two officials from the excise and prohibition department under suspension and seized the bar. The government had also constituted SIT to probe into the case and fix responsibilities.