- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Cyclone alert: Heavy rains pour in, cyclone to hit AP
With heavy rains lashing in all the 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh, the deep depression in the Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify further in to a Cyclone.
With heavy rains lashing in all the 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh, the deep depression in the Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify further into a Cyclone.
According to the meteorological department, the Cyclone tentatively named it as Ravo by the officials have informed that the depression is moving along the southern coast and has already affected the southern coastal areas of Nellore and Chittoor, including Tirumala Hills.
Strong winds and gales are blowing in the coastal regions accompanied by heavy rains all over the state, including Visakhapatnam. In all the major ports along the Andhra coast, danger warnings have been hoisted. Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu who has been reviewing the situation constantly directed all district Collectors to take precautionary measures in view of cyclone threat to the state.