- Video: Rashmika shares screen with Shah Rukh Khan
- Shubhangi Atre suggests home gardening
- Heavy rains lash Hyderabad city
- Kangna heaps praise on ‘Chandramukhi 2’
- Solution to people's problems phase wise: Minister Lakshmi Hebbalkar states at Janata Darshan program
- ‘Game Changer’ September schedule called-off; this is when new schedule begins
- ‘Kushi’ OTT update: This is when Vijay Deverakonda-Samantha starrer will be available in OTT
- Bangladesh dengue death toll exceeds 900
- Compassionate civil servant whose heart beats for poor people is true civil servant: President Murmu
- Student slap case: 'Incident should shock the conscience of state', observes SC
Special investigation team intensifies probe on land scams
The special investigation team (SIT) headed by DIG (Greyhounds) Vineet Brijlal comprising Joint Collector, Visakhapatnam G. Srijana and Deputy Executive Officer of TTD Lanka Vijay Sarathi intensified its probe into the alleged land scams in the district.
Visakhapatnam: The special investigation team (SIT) headed by DIG (Greyhounds) Vineet Brijlal comprising Joint Collector, Visakhapatnam G. Srijana and Deputy Executive Officer of TTD Lanka Vijay Sarathi intensified its probe into the alleged land scams in the district.
Commissioner of Police T Yoganand along with Vineet Brijlal, addressing a press conference here on Monday, said that the complaints received by the SIT were being segregated and sent to the concerned revenue officials for further inquiry. The SIT is focused on identifying the persons who are involved in tampering of the land records- both government and private- benefiting the land sharks.
Commissioner of Police Yoganand said that 850 complaints have been received so far. As many as 372 pertain to dispute between two private parties, 249 relate to negligence by authorities concerned, 199 were relevant to cases where private parties have encroached or have some dispute over government land and 30 pertain to disputed sites that were to be studied.
Vineet Brijlal said that, though the SIT has registering all kinds of complaints related to the land issues, the focus of the team was to inquire and identify persons who have committed tampering of land records both government and private.