- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
MPs urged to stage dharna in front of PM’s residence
Chalasani Srinivas, convenor of Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samithi, called upon Andhra Pradesh MPs to stage a dharna in front of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence in protest against the injustice done to the State in the Union Budget-2018.
Eluru: Chalasani Srinivas, convenor of Pratyeka Hoda Sadhana Samithi, called upon Andhra Pradesh MPs to stage a dharna in front of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence in protest against the injustice done to the State in the Union Budget-2018.
Addressing the media at Kasi Visweswara Kalyanamandapam here on Wednesday evening, Chalasani said that the Centre caused injustice to the State in allocation of funds.
He pointed out that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley merely said that the Centre will take up all the issues of the Andhra Pradesh. “They betrayed the Telugu people particularly Andhra Pradesh.
In the Central budget, the Finance Minister has allocated just Rs 3,670 crore for railway projects in AP. While for Telangana it has allocated Rs 18,014 crore. Maharashtra got Rs 56,600 crore and Karnataka which will face elections soon has been given Rs 21,000 crore,” he stated.
Chalasani said Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is yet to realise the betrayal by Narendra Modi who only bought a pot of soil and water from Delhi to Amaravati. He wondered why the ruling TDP forgot the assurances made by the Centre in AP Reorganisation Act-2014 and was showing interest on the special package.
Chalasani called upon people to make Thursday’s State bandh a success to exert pressure on the Centre to fulfill the promises made to Andhra Pradesh. He called upon Chief Minister and TDP national president N Chandrababu Naidu also to take part in the bandh to protect the self-esteem of people of the State.
Samithi district president MBS Sarma, CPI district secretary Dega Prabhakar, AITUC city secretary K Krishnamacharyulu, AIYF secretary Uppuluri Hemasankar, CPI city president Puppala Kannababu and Mahila Samakhya district secretary Gaala Sarada also participated in the media conference.