- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Central team interacts with denizens
A five-member Central team from New Delhi, which arrived here on Thursday to assess the cleanliness in the city under the Swachh Survekshan -2018, started interaction with the citizens here on Friday.
Visakhapatnam: A five-member Central team from New Delhi, which arrived here on Thursday to assess the cleanliness in the city under the Swachh Survekshan -2018, started interaction with the citizens here on Friday.
The team verified the documents prepared by the GVMC and touring across the the city to check the GVMC’s claims against the clean and green city. As a part of the study, the team is examining the roads, parks, sanitation works, garbage collection and segregation of the wet and dry garbage.
The team interacted with the residents of Peda Waltair, Maddilapalem, Lawson’s Bay Colony and KRM Colony. The team also visited various departments of the GVMC, including Command Control and enquired about the performance indicators of the field staff. The team also registered the feedback from the citizens through helpline number 1969.
While accompanying the team, Commissioner of GVMC M Hari Narayanan explained about the segregation of dry and wet garbage from the door steps. The Commissioner explained how the field staff are collecting the garbage in separate bins and disposing the same. The team also visited the community toilets in the city and expressed their satisfaction over the inputs from the people.