- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Electricity contract workers lay siege to MLA’s house
Electricity contract employees affiliated to Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) laid siege to Tirupati MLA Suguna’s house here on Saturday in support of their demands. They staged dharna in front of MLA house with the demand to solve their issues. With the workers’ agitation, mild tension created near the house.
Tirupati: Electricity contract employees affiliated to Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) laid siege to Tirupati MLA Suguna’s house here on Saturday in support of their demands. They staged dharna in front of MLA house with the demand to solve their issues. With the workers’ agitation, mild tension created near the house.
- Take out rally and submit memorandum
- Demand regularisation of their jobs in SPDCL, EPDCL
Earlier, the workers took out a rally from CITU office to MLA’s house and raised slogans against the state government. Their main demand include regularisation of electricity contract workers across the AP in 13 districts.
CITU district secretary Kandarapu Murali, addressing the workers on the occasion, demanded that state government should take up regularisation of electricity contract workers in both SPDCL and EPDCL. He alleged that Government is suppressing the workers movement and using police force against the workers. For the last four years, contract electrical workers have been agitating for regularisation of jobs.
Providing of compensation to accident victims families and Medical insurance facility to the workers are the other demands. But the TDP government did not respond on their demands, Murali said. He also criticised that the SPDCL officials have totally neglected the welfare of the contract electrical workers.
The electricity workers staged dharna for more than one hour at the MLA’s house. MLA Suguna came out and discussed with the workers on their demands and received the memorandum from union leaders.
Tirupati Urban Police have deployed additional police force for security.
CITU leaders GangaRaju, Subramanyam, CPM leaders GuruPrasad, RadhaKrishna and AIDWA leader Lakshmi and electricity contract workers in huge number were present.