- Progressive organic farmer earns rs 30 lakh annually
- MP Sumalatha faced life threats for raising voice against illegal mining
- Supreme Court fixes Mar 11 for hearing on Abbas Ansari's bail plea in arms licence case
- Mrunal Thakur Rocks All Black in Glittering Rs 88k Ensemble
- One dead, two missing as fishing boat hits cargo ship in Vietnam
- Bangladesh plans to produce FMD vaccine for livestock
- Esri India, CKS to train 5 lakh students in geospatial tech skills in 5 yrs
- Lok Sabha elections dates are likely to be announced after March 13
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea to offer prayers at demolished 600-yr-old mosque on Shab-e-Barat
- BJP protests in Karnataka Assembly against Siddaramaiah govt's resolution
Ancient copper pitchers found at Rudraksha Mutt
Three ancient pots were unearthed at Rudraksha Mutt at Srisailam temple on Wednesday. The Srisailam temple authorities had taken up renovation works at the Rudraksha Mutt and the excavation has been going on since January this year.
Kurnool: Three ancient pots were unearthed at Rudraksha Mutt at Srisailam temple on Wednesday. The Srisailam temple authorities had taken up renovation works at the Rudraksha Mutt and the excavation has been going on since January this year.
While carrying out the renovation works at Rudraksha Mutt, the workers detected a tunnel and brought it to the notice of the temple authorities. At that time some copper, silver and iron articles of ancient times were found.
And now on Wednesday, three more ancient pots of copper were unearthed. The temple authorities said that these articles were known to be used for offering food or other gifts to the deities.
The temple authorities and the police officials reached the spot and the unearthed articles have been taken to the administrative building of the temple.