- Polio Day 2024: Benefits of polio vaccine for your kid
- Three arrested in connection with Bangladesh building fire
- Yuvraj Singh Clears Up Rumors About Joining Politics
- Bengaluru Cafe Blast: Suspect Enjoyed Meal Before Planting Bomb
- Business rivalry angle also being probed in B’luru cafe blast case: K’taka Home Min
- Five-time World Champion Pramod Bhagat receives a hero’s welcome at home
- 'Gambhir isn't in fray of getting ticket for Lok Sabha elections', social media's brutal attack on ex-opener
- Cricket Australia CEO Hockley denies reports of ignoring study on saving Test cricket
- Mahagathbandhan has fallen like a house of cards: Giriraj Singh
- Tackling phobias to anxiety: Experts reveal 5 health benefits of VR headsets
BJP alleges fraud in urban housing
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) State general secretary S Suresh Reddy took a dig at Municipal Administration Minister P Narayana for making allegations against the BJP. Interacting with the media at BJP office here on Friday, Suresh Reddy said that the Minister was imposing an additional burden on the beneficiaries of the urban housing programme.
Nellore: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) State general secretary S Suresh Reddy took a dig at Municipal Administration Minister P Narayana for making allegations against the BJP. Interacting with the media at BJP office here on Friday, Suresh Reddy said that the Minister was imposing an additional burden on the beneficiaries of the urban housing programme.
“How a daily wager labourer and street vendor can pay Rs 3.5 lakh to Rs 4 lakh for their house. They are unable to pay even Rs 2,500 to Rs 3,000 per month as an instalment. Though the central government had sanctioned houses to the state, Narayana had imposed an additional burden of Rs 500 crore on the state government,” alleged the BJP leader.
Suresh Reddy also said that they would explain the irregularities in the urban housing programme to the Vice-President of India M Venkaiah Naidu, who is going to inaugurate the houses. He also mentioned that Narayana lacks ethics. “The Minister is not aware of the civic issues in the city. Denizens are facing troubles to get pure and safe drinking water.
He was confined to reviews only about programmes with the officials during his visits,” slammed Suresh Reddy. He also alleged that Narayana had not given any respect to a woman municipal chairperson in Naidupeta, who belongs to Dalit community, during a press conference as alleged by the media.
Narayana has been trying to make allegations against the BJP senior leaders along with his followers and said his party is ready to answer all the allegations made by them, he added. He also demanded the TD leaders to come forward for an open debate on the allegations made by the BJP. BJP leaders Midathala Ramesh and others were present.