- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Mayor all praise for Kalki Seva
Mayor Koneru Sridhar lauded Kalki Seva Organisation for taking up cleaning of the ghats on the banks of River Krishna. He appealed to the NGOs to take a cue from Kalki Seva Organisation and come forward to keep the ghats clean for the tourists and visitors.
Vijayawada: Mayor Koneru Sridhar lauded Kalki Seva Organisation for taking up cleaning of the ghats on the banks of River Krishna. He appealed to the NGOs to take a cue from Kalki Seva Organisation and come forward to keep the ghats clean for the tourists and visitors.
As part of Swachh Bharat and Swachh Seva, Kalki Seva Organisation and the Vijyawada Municipal Corporaiton conducted ghats cleaning drive on Sunday. The Mayor, along with Commissioner J Nivas and local corporator Ch Ramesh, participated in the cleaning drive.
The Mayor directed officials to keep ghats clean on a regular basis to attract the visitors and tourists. The Mayor appreciated the NGOs for conducting health camps. The corporation in association with Kalki Sva Organisation had conducted health camps at slum areas in the past.
Nivas said that earlier Kalki Seva Organisation took part in cleaning of Padmavathi Ghat. Now, it came forward to participate in cleaning of Krishnaveni Ghat.
The efforts of Kalki Organisation were commendable. He informed that the VMC was planning many events at the ghats in the days to come and appealed to keep the ghats clean.
Chief medical officer Dr Arjuna Rao, health officers, sanitary superintendents, sanitary inspectors and 200 Kalki Seva Organisation representatives took part in the cleaning drive.