- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
VRO in ACB net
The Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths caught village revenue officer red-handed while he was accepting a bribe for doing an official favour on Thursday.
Visakhapatnam: The Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths caught village revenue officer red-handed while he was accepting a bribe for doing an official favour on Thursday.
According to reports, VRO of Kannurupalem of Kasimkota mandal G Rama Appa Rao in the district demanded Rs 9,000 bribe for issuance of e-Pattadar Passbook and title deed to M Srinivasa Prasad Varma of Makavarapalem village. Vexed with the VRO’s demand, Srinivasa Prasad Varma approached the ACB officials.
In turn, the ACB sleuths laid a trap and asked the complainant to meet the VRO and hand over the bribe. Subsequently, he met the VRO at a bus shelter in Bayyavaram village and handed over Rs 9,000. The ACB sleuths, who are waiting there, rushed to the spot and caught the VRO red-handed while the accepting the bribe.