- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
- French Open: Defending champ Swiatek ousts Gauff to book semifinal spot
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu likely to lay stone for iconic bridge on Vijaya Dasami
The State government has plans to lay the foundation stone for iconic bridge on River Krishna in Amaravati on October 18 on the occasion of auspicious Vijaya Dasami Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the bridge works
Vijayawada: The State government has plans to lay the foundation stone for iconic bridge on River Krishna in Amaravati on October 18 on the occasion of auspicious Vijaya Dasami. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the bridge works. According to official sources, the Amaravati Development Corporation is making arrangements in this regard. The iconic bridge provides the main entry to capital Amaravati from the north direction.
The bridge will connect Hyderabad national highway to Amaravati at Ibrahimpatnam in Krishna district. The L & T Company will construct the 3.2-km six-lane bridge and the project cost is estimated to be Rs 1,387 crore. The project will be completed in the next five years. Indeed, the Singapore planners suggested to the government to make the iconic bridge as main entry to capital city. Now the government wants to construct the bridge with tourism attractions. Already the government developed the iconic bridge's starting point in the name of Pavitra Sanghamam at Ibrahimpatnam in Krishna district.
The bridge will also connect the historical Kondapalli fort to the capital city. The State government is giving utmost priority for the bridge construction. Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) Commissioner Ch Sridhar said that the Amaravati Development Corporation made plans to lay the foundation stone for iconic bridge on October 18. He said that the bridge construction works would progress on par with Amaravati capital city works.