134 rendered homeless in fire at Konthamuru in Rajahmundry
As many as 33 huts were gutted at Jangala Colony of Konthamuru in Kolamuru Panchayat limits in the wee hours of Monday A total 134 persons rendered homeless
Rajamahendravaram: As many as 33 huts were gutted at Jangala Colony of Konthamuru in Kolamuru Panchayat limits in the wee hours of Monday. A total 134 persons rendered homeless.
Hearing the news, fire tenders from the city rushed to the spot and controlled the flames and there was no loss to life.
The fire mishap occurred due to electric short-circuit in a hut and it spread to other huts due to strong wind.
The residents were in sound sleep when the flames engulfed the area.
Later, Deputy Chief Minister Nimmakayala Chinna Rajappa, Collector Karthikeya Misra, Rural MLA Gorantla Buchaiach Choudary visited the colony and enquired about the reasons for the incident.
Rajappa said that pucca houses would be constructed to them and construction work would begin in the first week of December. Roads, drains, lighting, drinking water supply etc also be provided.
He informed that Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu had enquired about the incident and directed to extend necessary help to them immediately.
Rural MLA Gorantla Buchaiah Choudary said the notification about the construction of houses was issued on Saturday and 40 yards was allotted to each unit with an estimated cost of Rs 2.5 lakh.
The existing road also be extended up to Autonagar, he added.
Collector Karthikeya Misra informed that revenue divisional officer and tahsildar were directed to pay an amount of Rs 8,000 to each victim.
Food, milk etc also be provided to the victims for four days. Tents, lighting etc also will be arranged temporarily, he added.