- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Bank pensioners stage protest in Vijayawada
Bank pensioners staged a protest demanding that the government solve their long pending problems at Dharna Chowk here on Monday
Vijayawada: Bank pensioners staged a protest demanding that the government solve their long pending problems at Dharna Chowk here on Monday.
Members of Coordination of Bank Pensioners and Retirees Organisations under Andhra Pradesh Bank Retirees Federation jointly organised a protest from 9 am to 1 pm.
Speaking on the occasion, their leader Yella Rao said that the long pending issues of the bank pensioners remained unresolved due to the negligent attitude of the Government, IBA and individual banks.
“To achieve our demands, it has become a necessity to make our collective voices heard to the authorities,” said Rao.
Upgrading of the pension scheme, improvement in family pension, 100 percent DA neutralisation to pre-November 2002 retirees, pension for those who resigned after the completion of 20 years are main demands.